Thanks to a sky rocketing price, Ethereum has grabbed the attention of many hundreds of thousands of new investors. Those same investors are no doubt looking at the last 48 hours in disbelief – possibly renewing some initial scepticism about the future of crypto. The 24 hour changes on coinmarketcap.com are – quite frankly – a bloody mess. But hardened cryptoasset investors will be drooling at the sight.
We have been here before. We’ll be here again. And the fundamentals of Ethereum and others remain unchanged.
For those looking for some speculation as to what happened in the last 48 hours:
- This Senate bill in the United States grabbed mass attention.
- Bitcoin may split in two in the first week of August.
V1.3 Release notes:
- Graphing updated to allow for more granularity
- Timeframe preferences are now available at the top right; no longer forced to only “Today’s” changes
- Users can now reset cookies from the preferences menu – deletes all cookies and resets to standard ETH/USD weighted average price
- 5-minutely data will now be available for up to 1 month (collecting from now)
I will be adding some useful information to help new users purchase and secure Ethereum in the coming weeks.